Univesity American College Skopje is a higher education institution, designed to offer a variety of programs for students across the world. Click here to view the catalogue for Undergraduate Studies for International Students.
UACS enrollment documents:
1. Passport photocopy
2. Three recent passport photos
3. Application form signed with same signature as the passport
4. Acceptant/Confirmation letter from UACS
5. High school Diploma/Transcripts with Validitation from the Macedonian Ministry of Education
6. Enrolment fee deposit (520 euros)
All non-Macedonian students must obtain a student visa for studying in Macedonia. They can apply for a visa at the nearest Macedonian embassy and start the student visa process 5-6 months prior to their arrival in Skopje.
Needed documents for the embassy:
2. Valid and recognized passport with validity period of at least 3 months longer than the intended stay of the foreign national in the Republic of Macedonia
3. Proof of having an accommodation in Macedonia
4. Proof for health insurance (translation of the original into Macedonian language by a certified court interpreter. If you posses European health insurance card bring that one)
5. Proof of subsistence means of the applicant
7. Colored photograph (of 3.5x4.5 cm dimensions) with a white background which faithfully portrays the applicant
8. Proof of absence of criminal convictions issued by the foreigner's home country and Proof that there is no criminal proceedings against you (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag and translation of the original into Macedonian language by a certified court interpreter);
9. Proof of sufficient knowledge of the language in which the studies will be conducted
10. Certificate from the Educational Institution in Macedonia that the foreigner is a regular student there (in Macedonian)
11. The study program issued from the Educational Institution in Macedonia (with the determined duration of the studies and the conditions for the enrollment in the subsequent year of studies)/ in Macedonian
Permit for stay (temporary resident permit for foreign students) in Macedonia
– Student must register in the nearest local police station within 24 hours of his/her arrival in Macedonia
Skopje is the capital of Macedonia located on the Balkan Peninsula in Southeastern Europe bordering with the neighboring countries of Albania, Serbia, Bulgaria and Greece. Skopje has as a mild year-round climate characterized by chilly winters with moderate snow to hot and dry in the summer. Temperature extremes range from a high of 32°C (90°F) to a low of -3°C (26°F). Therefore, Macedonia has a moderate continental climate with average annual temperature of about 15 degrees Celsius.
Macedonia has population of 2.06 million people composed of various ethnic groups with the Macedonian language being the first official language and Albanian as a second language. The Macedonian national currency is the "Macedonian Denar". ATMS for cash are available across the entire city of Skopje. Exchange offices are numerous in the city with exchange rates varying from 61.5denars/1€, 47.5denars/$1, and 75denars/1£.
Skopje's main airport is Alexandre the Great International Airport, which is 20 kilometers from Skopje and is connected with all major cities in Europe. Airlines that serve Skopje are: Wizz Air, Croatia Airlines, Adria Airways, Austrian Airlines, Cirrus, Alitalia, B&H Airlines, Czech Airlines, Edelweiss Air, Fly Dubai, Bell Air Europe, JAT Airways, Air Berlin and Turkish Airlines. The airport is accessed by the main highway E75 Belgrade-Skopje-Thessaloniki which connects it directly with the city of Skopje.
There is a public transport that connects the airport with the city of Skopje only for another popular public transport is getting around by taxi which is the fastest and the cheapest way 0.80€ for every two kilometers. Taxis are available to the city center (travel time - 25-30 minutes, for about 800 denars).
The UACS campus is located in the center of the city, and it is fully equipped with classrooms, computer labs with internet access, studying and reading rooms, a library, and a cafeteria. UACS arranges housing for students and helps find apartment accommodation in nearby locations. Monthly apartment rents range from €100 to €250 for a 2-room apartment (45-65 square meters). For the Summer semester, UACS may provide housing for double occupancy per night per person with 2 meals $20/day = $600 for 30 days.
Skope has around 650,000 citizens and plays a vital part in the cultural and academic life of the country. Skopje's exciting nightlife includes many indoor and outdoor caffe bars, as well as nightclubs and after-hour venues. Compared to many other European cities, Skopje is very affordable, making its nightlife and ever-expanding choice of quality restaurants even more accessible. The cost of a full meal in Skopje ranges from €5 to €25. In addition, there are several pizzerias and fast-food options ranging from €1 to €3, such as McDonald's, Burger King, Domino's, Spizzicoto, and Sedmica, as well as many small bakeries and caffes selling pasteries such as burek (a pie with meat, cheese, or spinach).
Most public transport is provided by JSP, a state-controlled company providing 25 routes in the city. Tickets for JSP buses can be bought for 30 DEN (€0.49) at kiosks or 35 DEN (€0.57) upon boarding. Taxis are another popular public transport option (€0.80 for every two kilometers).