The School of Architecture and Design (SAD) is a leading school in Republic of Macedonia in the field of architecture, architecture and management, and interior design.
This is why School of Architecture and Design is the best school for architecture in Republic of Macedonia:
- Paul Tange is Doctor Honoris Causa at the UACS School of Architecture and Design. He is an influential architect from Harvard and runs architecture studios in Tokyo, Taipei, Singapore, and Boston. Also, he is the son of the famous architect Kenzo Tange who made the biggest contribution to the urban reconstruction of the city of Skopje after the devastating earthquake in 1963.
The faculty is comprised of professionals and distinguished architects who continuously upgrade the teaching process in terms of both theory and practice.
All the teachers and associates at SAD are actually mentors, who guide the students through their studies.
The School of Architecture and Design organizes the annual International Summer School in Ohrid.
The student/teacher ratio at the SAD is 11:1, a ratio that enables individual attention to each student.
- Viktorija Eremeeva (Dean) – a renowned architect with broad experience in architectural design, awarded with the national prize “November 13th” by the City of Skopje (2013)
- Mishko Ralev (Vice-Dean) – an acclaimed architect and former lecturer at “St. Cyril and Methodius” University, with acknowledged skills and expertise in the fields of architectural and interior design.
At SAD, we are particularly proud of our younger colleagues who devote their time and knowledge to our students:
- Vladimir Deskov (PhD candidate at the University in Zagreb)
- Maksim Naumovski (PhD candidate at TU WIEN)
- Ivan Mirkovski (PhD candidate at TU WIEN)
Many acclaimed architects from renowned universities around the world teach as visiting professors at the Schools of Architecture and Design, in order to infuse our curriculum with a breadth of international expertise:
- Bob Giddings – UK
- Vladislav Ladinski – UK
- Vinko Penezic – Croatia
- Kreshimir Rogina – Croatia
ABOUT THE STUDY PROGRAM
- The School of Architecture and Design is a higher education institution where students are persons, not numbers. Each student gets special attention from the teaching staff in order to develop his/her talent and further advance his/her capabilities.
- SAD has over 25 teachers, associates, and experts. They continuously work with their students in hands-on classes that are organized in groups of 10-15 students.
- The lectures and the hands-on practice classes are based on serious interaction and discussion between the students and the professors, and the experience gained through such interaction is irreplaceable. Class attendance is mandatory; hence students who miss 25% of the classes cannot successfully complete the assignments and pass the course.
- The study programs are tailored according to the needs of the 21st century industry. We continuously adapt our study programs in order to satisfy the needs of the students and the society. Architecture, design, and all other related fields are integrative professions which require life-long learning and research.
University American College Skopje
Blvd. Treta makedonska brigada no.60
Skopje 1000, Macedonia
Phone/Fax: +389 2 246 3156